Wednesday, June 16, 2010

They stole some teefs!

Mom and Dad have pictures but have to find the battery charger first. I went to my vet thingy yesterday. I had to be shoved in a pet taxi which is not fun as a big mancat I am. They shaved my leg, gave me drugs. Next thing I know, I wake up but I still feel funny. Don't worry, I can eat still. That is all.

Mom update: Nemo had to have 2 teeth removed. One was a bag molar and the other one of the small front teeth. It seems to take Nemo forever to completely be out of the anesthesia. He was of course hungry when he got home and very loopy and jumpy. This morning he is back to normal. He does have pain meds for 3 days and antibiotics for 10. He has gingivitis so it should help take care of some of that. They said he might not eat for 2 days but they obviously don't know Nemo. He came home and devoured his wet food. I don't think he is bothered by it at all. He also got his nails trimmed while under.

7 comments:

Kea said...

We're glad you're home and doing well, Nemo. None of us has ever NOT eaten, post-surgery. And losing two teeth isn't bad...Derry lost 9 earlier this month, Annie lost 3 in February, and Nicki lost 8 back in November.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're happy to hear that things went well. You won't miss those teeth at all!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Maggie May said...

So sorry you had some teefs stolen, Nemo! But, we're glad you are still able to eat!

Everycat said...

Oh ouch Nemo, but better out than in with bad teef. Hope you feel better soon fella.

Whicky Wuudler

The Island Cats said...

Nemo, we're glad your dental surgery went well! Sounds like you aren't missing those teefs at all!! And those silly vets...they always say that stuff about us not wanting to eat after surgery...and we ALWAYS eat!!

Daisy said...

Poor Nemo! I hope your teeths are feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, feel better sweetie:) We're purring for you, Nemo!