Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We are grounded!

Mom won't upload any pictures or finish our updates until later this week because we are grounded. Mom and Dad say we were naughty but we don't see it that way. You see, Saturday we got lots and lots of rain and the basement flooded. Weird plumbing guys were here with hoses and tubes and made noise. Then, Mom, Dad and the screaming one left for a wedding reception. They just left us home with a wet basement. Mom and Dad came home late, it was 11 PM and it was passed our bed time. When they pulled in the driveway they saw two glowing eyes which belong to me, Patches. I hissed and growled at them and ran away. Then they saw Nemo hiding in a bush. Of course they go scoop him up and he is too dumb to run. Mom follows me around on my adventure and I finally let her catch me. My paws were getting wet and muddy. We had escaped by pushing a screen out. Mom figures that there must be another cat out there. We see it from time to time using the garden for a litter box. We just wanted to check out this big litter box ourselves. Needless to say, they were not happy to come home to us after a long day. Nemo also has something to say.

Hi guyz, I's gonna go to vet this morning. I haf to haf my teef cleand. I neber done this before. My gums are all red and I los a toof not too long ago. I'm ascaired about it for sure. The vet man seyz I may lose more teef at the cleanin. I will let you know I made it out alive when I get my bearings and get home.

5 comments:

Kea said...

Uh oh. We're glad you're safe after your escape!

Nemo, good luck with your dental. All three of us have had dental since November and our human's nicely in debt with all the vet bills. Derry just had 9 teeth extracted on June 2--he's only 3 but he had bad gingivitis and cavities. Now he doesn't have any lower jaw molars or pre-molars to chew with, plus he lost one upper pre-molar and several tiny incisors. We really, really hope your dental goes better than that!

Lots of purrs to you!!!

The Island Cats said...

Escaping does not sound like it was fun...you're better off staying inside, we thinks.

And Nemo, we're sorry you gotta go to the v-e-t but it's a good thing to get your teefs taken care of. We hope everything goes well.

We hope you both are ungrounded soon.

The Meezers or Billy said...

uh oh, pushing out the screen is not good (Billy ::making notes to learn how to push out the screens::).

good luck wif your dental Nemo! I hates it when the v-e-t steals mine teefs - Miles

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We hope your dental goes well Nemo.
No more escaping Patches.

The Florida Furkids said...

Oh no! Your Mom and Dad must have been so scared! We're glad you're safe!

Dental appointments are not fun, but they are impawtent!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids